- 4 oz cashews, soaked overnight in water covering an inch or so above the nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- A few squeezed from half a lemon
- Some onion powder to taste
Make some cheese-less cheese! Fun! Right? Maybe!
Drain and rinse your cashews. Put them in a food processor, add some fresh water (start with a little, add more for texture as you see fit) and the garlic and chop that shit up. When it’s a coarse consistency (one might say that of ricotta), add your remaining ingredients. Adjust to taste until you’re happy. Add more water if you think it needs it. Refrigerate that goodness.