Just a quicky salad-y slaw recipe to get you through the day and aid you in the constructing of your Crispy Shredded “Beef” Spring Rolls. I adapted this recipe from Vegetarian Times to reflect the things I had in my fridge, the thing I bought at the farmer’s market today, and my utter refusal to have maple syrup in my cupboards.
Nobody makes me own maple syrup. Nobody.
Red Cabbage and Veggie Slaw
serves 6, about 1 1/2 cups per serving
You’ll want to these goodies close at hand
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 large cucumber, peeled/seeded/cut into thin slices
- 1 cup chopped yu choy (my farmer’s market find makes me sounds legit. Feel free to use spinach instead.)
- 1/4 cup + another splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh grated ginger
This part’s so easy that it’s almost too easy
Combine all the veggies in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and grated ginger. Add the wet stuff to the veggie stuff. Toss. Toss some more. Let sit and marinade as long as you can wait before eating it.